RE: Proposal for Bug 3111 - Recursive performs

From: Abbie Barbir <abbieb@nortel.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 04:34:52 -0400
To: "Gary Brown" <gary@pi4tech.com>, "Monica J. Martin" <Monica.Martin@Sun.COM>
Cc: "WS-Choreography List" <public-ws-chor@w3.org>

Gary,

Agree on removing the restriction.
Side effects can be noted in the text
abbie

-----Original Message-----
From: public-ws-chor-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-ws-chor-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Gary Brown
Sent: Friday, July 21, 2006 4:31 AM
To: Monica J. Martin
Cc: 'WS-Choreography List'
Subject: Re: Proposal for Bug 3111 - Recursive performs

The only side effect from enabling recursion is the usual one - if there
is no way to break out of it, then at some point the service will fail
with a stack overflow.

However, although the consequences may not be as drastic, a similar
problem may occur when using repetition, if the conditions are not
correctly specified, then the service may never break out of the
repetition.

Regards
Gary