WS-CDL and (polyadic) Pi-Calculus

From: Paul Bouche \(HPI\) <paul.bouche@hpi.uni-potsdam.de>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 22:54:46 +0100
To: <public-ws-chor@w3.org>

Hello,

I am doing a research presentation as part of a seminar "Business
Process Managment II" on the topic of "Is WS-CDL 'based' on Pi-Calculus?"..
I have read some material that the invited experts have publizied and
could not find a concluding answer. Maybe there is none?

It would be very helpful for me if anyone of the invited experts could
post a clarification on this issue. From the material I have read and
from reading the WS-CDL specification my opinion is that some parts of
WS-CDL (namely: channelTypes, channelType instance variables, sending of
those and some other parts) have be inspired by the concepts Pi-Calculus
or other process calculi.

Thanks for your help.
Kind Regards,

Paul Bouché