Re: Formal semantics paper - from Marco Carbone et al

From: <kohei@dcs.qmul.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 13:47:14 +0100 (BST)
To: "WS-Choreography List" <public-ws-chor@w3.org>
Cc: "Marco Carbone" <carbonem@dcs.qmul.ac.uk>, "L.G. Meredith" <lgreg.meredith@gmail.com>, "Steve Ross-Talbot" <steve@pi4tech.com>

I note Page 99 of the paper (the pdf file whose link Steve sent
to the list) contains discussions on relation to Kobayashi-
Igarashi-Rehof's works as well as many others.

As we wrote there, Baeton and others' DiCons is the first fully-
fledged global language as far as we know, even though this
language seems not to have been known at the time WS-CDL started
to be designed. Other than the obvious predecessors such as
UML sequence diagrams and message sequence charts (whose purposes
are different from WS-CDL, but which do share the common great
idea, a global description of interactions), it would be nice to
know a history of this class of description languages.

kohei