Issue ? -WSCDL-- (ws-cdl function extensions changes related to time)

From: Nickolas Kavantzas <nickolas.kavantzas@oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 09:15:08 -0700
To: public-ws-chor@w3.org

We discussed this at the London (August 2003) F2F but I don't think that we filled a formal issue related to the
concept of "global time" or the absense of it and how we work around this:

The function extensions in section 10 related to time do not have the role specified.
In addition a function to get relative time elapsed at a role is not specified in CDL.

Greg can you give a number to this issue?

For resolving this issue ? (location ?) here is my proposal:

xsd:time getCurrentTime(xsd:QName  roleName)
Returns the current time at the Role specified by roleName.
xsd:date getCurrentDate(xsd:QName  roleName)
Returns the current date at the Role specified by roleName.
xsd:dateTime getCurrentDateTime(xsd:QName  roleName)
Returns the current date and time at the Role specified by roleName.
xsd:boolean hasTimeElapsed(xsd:duration elapsedTime, xsd:QName  roleName)
Returns “true” if used in a reaction Guard of a Work Unit with the block attribute set to “true” when the time specified by elapsedTime at the Role specified by roleName has elapsed. Otherwise it returns “false”.