Preface to Coordinated Choreography proposals

From: Haugen Robert <Robert.Haugen@choreology.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 12:40:12 +0100
To: <public-ws-chor@w3.org>
At the last face-to-face meeting, Choreology presented six proposals for
coordination of choreographies:

Coordinating a single-level choreography:

* Proposal 1: Add "coordination" attribute to choreography.

* Proposal 2: Add <throw/> or <raise/> activity to trigger exception
block.

Coordinating inner choreographies:

* Proposal 3: Allow multiple finalizers, distinguished by attribute
"case".

* Proposal 4: Add <finalize /> activity to identify when to fire which
finalizer.

* Proposal 5: Add attribute to <perform /> to label inner choreography
instance.

Composing or "overlaying" coordination:

* Proposal 6: Add to the composition mechanism (perform) the ability to
"overlay" choreographies.  (This proposal has been changed, in
collaboration with Gary Brown, from perform "overlay" to a kind of
choreography inheritance.)

We promised WS-CDL spec language for each of the proposals.

Separate messages will be coming up shortly for proposals 1, 3, 4, and
6.

Nick has already proposed a mechanism for proposal 2.

We do not have spec language for proposal 5, because the sense of the
F2F meeting was for a choreography-instance-capturing variable, the use
cases for which raised some complications. Next week we'll initiate a
discussion of those complications.

Choreology Anti virus scan completed