Clarification on exceptions

From: Gary Brown <gary@enigmatec.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 15:54:43 +0100
To: "Nickolas Kavantzas" <nickolas.kavantzas@oracle.com>
Cc: <public-ws-chor@w3.org>
Hi Nick,

Could you confirm whether exception workunits are only triggered when an ExceptionInformationType variable is set, or when an activity with "causeException='true'" is defined - or can a fault occur when an exception workunit guard, defined to access any type of variable, becomes true.

For example, if I had a choreography with a variable called "foo" which is not an exception variable, and this choreography has an exception workunit with guard "cdl:getVariable('foo') == "bar"" - then if the body of the choreography set this variable to value "bar", would it cause an exception?

The current text talks about "fault information", but it is not clear whether this only means exception variables.

I guess that the exception work unit guards could refer to other variables, but I suppose what I want to clarify is whether a guard condition with only non-exception variables could trigger an exception workunit?

Regards
Gary