Re: Perform binding question

From: Nickolas Kavantzas <nickolas.kavantzas@oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 09:24:05 -0700
To: "Gary Brown" <gary@enigmatec.net>, <public-ws-chor@w3.org>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gary Brown" <gary@enigmatec.net>
To: "Nickolas Kavantzas" <nickolas.kavantzas@oracle.com>;
<public-ws-chor@w3.org>
Sent: Friday, October 15, 2004 7:42 AM
Subject: Perform binding question

> Nick,
>
> Just wanted to understand the reason for making the 'variable' attributes
on
> the perform 'this' and 'free' elements an XPath expression.
<NK>
It was done as convinience but I do agree with you that the XPATH
expressions used
in receive, record, perform, assign need some clarification or some changes
in the text and possibly some
extra rules.

Actually, I am looking into this right now and I will have a proposal
(mostly edirorial) out sortly.
</NK>

> Did you really intend for elements within one document (identified by the
> 'this' variable) to be bound onto a part of another document (identifed by
> the 'free' variable)?
<NK> NO </NK>