RE: WSDL example as per F2F action item

From: Furniss, Peter <Peter.Furniss@choreology.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 11:12:50 +0100
To: "Steve Ross-Talbot" <steve@enigmatec.net>, "WS-Choreography List" <public-ws-chor@w3.org>
Cc: "Martin Chapman" <martin.chapman@oracle.com>
The pattern suggested here would seem reasonable, but we really need to
find some alternatives to "from" and "to" as  attribute names for
participate, as I think was said in one of the earlier discussions.  The
problem is most of the alternative word-pairs have other connotations
that aren't helpful.  Some possible pairs:

a) from - to
b) client - server
c) user - interface
d) initiator - responder
e) user - service

Since the operation and its especially the direction of its actions are
explictily references to an interface definition, I lean to c), making
obvious the sense that "this interaction is defined from a perspective
where <rolea> provides the interface, and the other side is <roleb>"

Peter

Choreology Anti virus scan completed