Clarification on interaction identifying an operation

From: Gary Brown <gary@enigmatec.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 14:54:24 -0000
To: <public-ws-chor@w3.org>
Currently a RoleType can have multiple Behaviors, which can each define an interface (e.g. WSDL definition).

A RelationshipType identifies two RoleTypes which it represents, including the optional list of behaviors for each role, or if not defined, then all of the behaviors associated with a role type are included in the relationship.

Therefore, if we have an interaction that identifies the relationship it relates to, and the 'from' and 'to' roles, I don't believe we have enough information to unambiguously determine which WSDL interface a specified operation name relates to. This is only a problem if multiple interfaces on the same RoleType have the same operation name, which may be unlikely, but is a possibility.

Regards
Gary