From: Ugo Corda [mailto:UCorda@SeeBeyond.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 2004 5:11 PM
To: Steve Ross-Talbot; Jean-Jacques Dubray
Cc: Monica.Martin@Sun.COM; david.burdett@commerceone.com;
public-ws-chor@w3.org
Subject: RE: Abstract, portable and concrete choreographies ... a
proposed solution??

Steve,

> Compatibility is between a service end point description (so WSDL)
> and it's implementation. Conformance is across end-points. The former
> is clearly outside of what we can do in WS-CDL but the latter is very
much
> what we can do in WS-CDL.

I actually think that WS-CDL goes beyond conformance aspects and
addresses compatibility too.

WSDL by itself only describes individual operations and their associated
MEPs. (So if WSDL describes a one-way operation where WS-CDL expects a
request-response, I can promptly say that the WSDL is no conformant).

But WSDL does not say anything about the sequencing of operations
defined in the interface, and the sequencing comes from the
implementation (e.g. the BPEL behind the WSDL). So WS-CDL is also
concerned with compatibility.

Ugo