RE: Abstract, portable and concrete choreographies ... a proposed solution??

Strange, I don't read the picture the same way. I don't think it is the
best picture to resolve the discussion since I think greg meant by
contract something bigger than WSDL (including behavior as well -I think
he does not believe in CDL). The correct picture should show a ChorDef,
an interface and an implementation.

In a peer-to-peer scenario you need a ChorDef to decide on whether WSDL
contracts are compatible altogether. It just happens that in a binary
case, the ChorDef is trivial with respect to the contract definition. (I
don't read that compatibility is between the contract and its
implementation?)

I read also that in addition to contract compatibility, an
implementation must also be conformant to its contract for a successful
outcome of the choreography. Again in a peer-to-peer scenario you can
only gauge the conformance of the implementation to the WSDL + ChorDef
(to the WSDL only is not enough).

With that said, we can only conclude that a WSDL definition may be
compatible with a CDL and that an implementation conforms to it?

It is clear to me that I could from a ChorDef generate compatible
contracts (WSDL) and conformant implementation (assuming a given
technology like BPEL).

Am I missing something?

JJ-