Re: CDL Challenge

Jean-Jacques Dubray wrote:

>Non-repudiation is not equal to state alignment.

<AWT>
This is true but if the Sender/originator receives data message which
contains the Indended Addressee:s signature the Sender knows that the
Indended Addressee got the message and both parties are certain to a
(resonable) degree that the other party has the same information.
I.e "state-alignment' i a broader sense.

IMO: 'state-alignment', shared business knowledge is a matter
probabillity and cost. The higher probalility the more complex protocol
must be implemented. I many (most business) cases parties are satisfied
with a Receipt. Partly because its easy to understandand and partly to
that most software can support request-response.

One should also realise that non-repudiation is characteristic that
could be associated with, attributed to a data message. In reality any
"lowlevel" message that contains a reference to the data message and a
signature could be used in a dispute to claim that the indended
addressee cannot (trustworthy)  repudiate that the data message reached
the indended addressee.
<AWT>