RE: Issues summary (possibly to discuss on the call)

From: Ugo Corda <UCorda@SeeBeyond.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 12:58:12 -0800
To: "Steve Ross-Talbot" <steve@enigmatec.net>, <public-ws-chor@w3.org>

> Bug 433: It might be useful to have a chor with no web services for  instance, a workflow
> if you don't take this into account, you can only use chor in a fully automated system.

What about defining a Web service that acts as a proxy for the interaction with a user? The request/response message would be, for example, some text prompted to the user followed by an appropriately encoded user response. In the case an HTML form is used, it's probably even possible to represent the browser interaction directly using the WSDL HTTP Get & Post Binding.

> Bug 308: Reusable choreographies and data formats
>
> can we (should we) define a language that is independant of actual data formats
> and schemas (xml, pips, etc) and broader that just web services (e.g  mom)

The way this is formulated seems to imply that mom is incompatible with web services. In effect a mom could be used as the web service transport corresponding to a particular WSDL binding.

Ugo