BPMN Collaboration Processes?

From: Prasad M. Jayaweera <prasad@cc.ruh.ac.lk>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 14:11:28 GMT
To: public-ws-chor@w3.org

Hi BPMN experts,

I would be thankful to you all if anybody can clarify me with the

In the
there is some text about Collaboration (Global) processes as,

"Collaboration processes may be contained within a Pool and the different
business interactions are shown as Lanes within the Pool. In this situation,
each Lane
would represent two participants and a direction of travel between them."

I guess, in this situation, a lane will be representing binary

But in the figure 2 of
(source BPMN Working group) a Collaboration Process Model has been modeled
as Abstract Processes that communicate through message exchange only. My
understanding is this is some what different approach to the text in BPMN

Can anybody clarify me how one can model collaborations with BPMN and if
possible direct me some example BPMN collaboration process models.