Re: ws-chor 12/8/2004: My Comments through 2.5.2

Monica Martin wrote:

> page 37
> From: "One "undo" Finalizer Block along with a "close" Finalizer Block

> to signal that the "undo" Finalizer Block is no longer able to be
enabled,
> that is, the Choreography is now closed."
> To: "One "undo" Finalizer Block along with a "close" Finalizer Block
> to signal that the "undo" Finalizer Block is enabled, that is, the
> Choreography is now closed."
> Otherwise, if the completed state has been realized and the
choreography
> completed unsuccessfully where the enclosed choreographies were
closed,
> the Finalizer Block will not be installed."

> Reasoning is it is counterintuition to have the undo specify the
choreography
> is no longer available for undo. You have specified the case where
enclosed
> choreographies could be completed by directon of an enclosing
choreography.
> If this is the case you cite, please explain in the corresponding
section
> referenced above or use my tentative text to clarify.

I don't understand how the original statement says that the undo
specifies that the choreography is no longer available for undo.  The
original statement is at least trying to say that is the role of the
close finalizer.

In the original ("From:") statement above, the firing of the "close"
finalizer signals that the "undo" finalizer can no longer be enabled
(fired), because the choreography is now closed.  A "close" finalizer
can make the use of "undo" finalizers more efficient, because it allows
resources to be released before the close of the root choreography.

Maybe it's a typo, but your "To:" statement says that the "close"
finalizer signals that the "undo" finalizer is enabled.  Did you mean
"disabled"?

Or is the use of "enabled" to mean "fired" or "invoked" confusing?

> page 37
> Question: What is the reasoning for the restriction that no finalizer
> block may be in a root choreography (even global)?

Such finalizers could not be fired. There's no enclosing choreography
from which to finalize (fire a finalizer block).

Choreology Anti virus scan completed