	From: public-ws-chor-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-ws-chor-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Tony Fletcher
	Sent: Friday, April 16, 2004 1:36 PM
	To: public-ws-chor@w3.org
	Subject: RE: Issue 662: specify at least two levels or types of
Choreography description

	Dear Ugo and others,

	Well, if that is the case then that is a problem for BPEL that
should perhaps be taken up on their list (there are a number of open
issues on abstract processes).  If the WS-Choreography group can agree
to provide a one document description of any choreography between two or
more parties that is as simple as possible when all that is required is
a 'high level' description of the choreography, then that will be a big
'selling' point for WS-Choreography IMHO.

	[However, I would question what you say as Section 15.1 of the
BPEL spec (Nov 03) states:  In many cases, the level of abstraction
appropriate in abstract processes makes it unnecessary to use message
variables in web service interaction activities, when the intent is to
simply constrain the sequencing of such activities, and the actual
message data is not relevant. To simplify these common cases it is
permissible, in abstract processes, to omit the variable reference
	If you can enlighten me further I would appreciate it, but
perhaps directly to me and not on this list unless you feel the points
are relevant to the WS-Choreography group   Thank you]

	Best Regards     Tony
	A M Fletcher
	Home: 35, Wimborne Avenue, IPSWICH  IP3  8QW
	Tel: +44 (0) 1473 729537   Mobile: +44 (0) 7801 948219
	 amfletcher@iee.org     (also tony.fletcher@talk21.com  &
tony_fletcher@btopenworld.com)