Re: A question of Composite Web Service Verification

From: <Joachim.Peer@unisg.ch>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 21:30:03 +0200
To: "Wang Jianchao" <jcwang@otcaix.iscas.ac.cn>
Cc: public-ws-chor@w3.org, www-ws@w3.org, www-ws-request@w3.org

hi,

>Can I say a structure is well-formed if the structure satisfies the
following properties: reachability and deadlock-freedom

in the context of web service composition, McIlraith and Narayanan [1][2]
mention
* reachability,
* liveness and
* existence/absence of deadlocks.
as most important _verficication_ problems. However, i can't tell you if
this equals the criteria of _well-formedness_ as required by your study.

>how to verify the structure used to composite web services is well-formed

in [1][2], Petri net based algorithms are used to carry out this kind of
reasoning.

kind regards,
Joachim Peer

[1] http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/narayanan02simulation.html