Re: Correlation Requirements

From: Jon Dart <jdart@tibco.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 13:22:53 -0700
To: Francis McCabe <fgm@fla.fujitsu.com>
Cc: "Burdett, David" <david.burdett@commerceone.com>, "'Monica Martin'" <monica.martin@sun.com>, "'Martin Chapman'" <martin.chapman@oracle.com>, "'Yves Lafon'" <ylafon@w3.org>, "'Ugo Corda'" <UCorda@SeeBeyond.com>, "'Cummins Fred A'" <fred.cummins@eds.com>, public-ws-chor@w3.org

+1.

The description of particular service requirements and capabilities is
generally in WSDL, or in WS-Policy, which can be viewed as a supplement
to WSDL, not at the choreography layer. The set of such requirements and
capabilities is expanding all the time.

BPEL hasn't placed correlation-related requirements on services, either,
but has provided a mechanism through which business processes can
specify what the correlation mechanism is, in a flexible way that is
conformable with multiple emerging specs in this area.

--Jon