Re: Body vs Header Correlation - which is best?

 From the outside, but with my SOAP 1.2 hat on, I'd say go for a
feature, i.e. SOAP header block, if this is at all possible. There is
potential that your correlation header gets reused by other
applications/specifications, and the only real way to achieve this is to
use a SOAP header. This would also give you two extra advantages:

1) Ability to later delegate correlation processing to a separate
intermediary (if that makes sense).

2) Ability to easily upgrade the correlation header in the future (new
namespace, mustUnderstand).