roleType and behaviorType on Oracle ML

From: Fletcher, Tony <Tony.Fletcher@choreology.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 21:14:14 -0000
To: <public-ws-chor@w3.org>
Dear Nick, Goran and others,

Reading through your Choreography language proposal, I realised that you
had used roles with different behaviours.  I was wondering if there was
a a reason for this as it did not seem quite what I have been lead to
believe is the usual terminology.

What I am suggesting is that you rename roleType to partnerType (or
whatever we decide to call it) and then behaviorType can be renamed to
roleType.  (You may have to look at where else the term role is used and
see if that is consistent with this renaming or whether it needs to be
changed to partner.)

Advantage: removes an American spelling!

More seriously it allows us to talk about the roles that partners can
play and directly align with the tag names used in the CDL.

Best Regards,

Tony Fletcher

Technical Advisor
Choreology Ltd.
68, Lombard Street, London EC3V 9L J   UK

+44 (0) 870 7390076

+44 (0) 7801 948219

+44 (0) 870 7390077

 <http://www.choreology.com/> www.choreology.com

Business transaction management software for application coordination

Work: tony.fletcher@choreology.com

Home: amfletcher@iee.org

(image/gif attachment: image002.gif)