RE: A trial balloon distinction between choreography & orchestration

Steve,

I think your orchestration definition below is too vague and could refer to meanings that are not related to orchestration at all (for example, "the way a single Web service should be used is by sending messages as specified in the corresponding WSDL file, at the address specified in the same file").

A more appropriate definition would be, in my mind, something like:

A written business protocol (i.e. abstract WS-BPEL) description documents how a set of Web Services should be "used", as expressed from the point of view of one of the participating Web services.

Ugo