RE: Partial executability/ determinism of a Chor description lang uage

Yaron

You said ...

>>>My personal preference is that nothing be said in the cDl about how the
message is to be processed. E.g. nothing is ever said about the contents of
the message and decisions made on those contents. <<<

Yes, but, you have to include in the CDl the fact that the message IS
processed even though you don't say HOW. You also need to specify WHAT the
outcomes of that process are, e.g. the Order is either Accepted or Rejected,
but you don't say HOW that information is represented.

If you identify that: a) a process exists, and b) define the outcome of the
process, you can then a) map the process in the CDl to an actual process
perhaps, but not necessarily, defined using BPEL, and b) map the outcomes of
the process in the cDL to messages or data produced by the actual process,
for example using XPath.

So now we have:
1. A CDL defines the "what", and
2. A "Binding" that maps the "what" to the "how".

The question is where does the binding go. Options are:
1. An extension to the CDL
2. As a separate document

I *strongly* prefer the latter as it will make reuse easier as well as allow
alternative bindings to be developed. However, what I think we MUST do is
define how to do a binding of a CDL to WSDL.

David