Re: Co-ordination protocol and BPEL

Mark Little wrote:

>>If the scope is for a single activity than only that activity is
>>performed, but again after the reply is sent you still need to send
>>completed/exited/failed which you could potentially piggyback on the
>>reply message (though not allowed in WS-TX currently).
>>

>Actually that's not strictly true. WS-Tx doesn't mention how contexts are
>propagated at all at the application level (which is a bad thing for
>interoperability and I'm certain will be changed in a new revision). So, you
>an implementation is allowed to propagate a context back on replies in the
>same way traditional TP systems do (e.g., the OTS).

Although this is not written in the spec my assumption is that you do
always propagate the context back in replies. But all you propagate in
the context is the context identifir and the registration service.

In order to send back any other information about the participant (i.e.
it's state) you need to use a separate header, which based solely on
WSDL you can. But I'm afraid that unless an example is given in the spec
on how to do it, most systems will simply not do it, which would create
an interoperability problem. This can be fixed simply by adding another
paragraph and one short example where the reply contains some state
headed, like completed or failed.

arkin