Re: Co-ordination protocol and BPEL

Ricky Ho wrote:

> Assaf,
>
> Can you confirm my understanding from your previous message ?
>
> When a caller invoke a service (which is implemented in BPEL using
> <receive>) and pass-in a transaction context.  The caller will receive
> a SOAP fault if any of the following happens ....
> a) The <receive> is NOT defined within a <scope>

Every <receive> is defined within some scope (process = scope) ;-)

> b) The <receive> is NOT the first activity of that <scope> AND some
> "different" context has already been established.  (e.g.  There is an
> preceding this <receive>)

This is where the specification becomes ambiguous and could result in
potential interoperability issues. There are multiple interpretations
that may not all work well with each other.

My interpretation:

- When you get a message associated with some context you try to find a
process that can handle it that is visible in that context. If you have
some receive activity that is registered in some other context than it's
not visible to you.

- If you have no process that can handle the message and the interaction
is sychronous, then you need to send back a fault.

- If you have no process that can handle the message and the interaction
is asyncronous then you let it sit in some queue until it can be delivered.

arkin