Re: Co-ordination protocol and BPEL

From: Mark Little <mark.little@arjuna.com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 10:08:49 +0100
To: "Assaf Arkin" <arkin@intalio.com>, "Ricky Ho" <riho@cisco.com>
Cc: <public-ws-chor@w3.org>

> If the scope is for a single activity than only that activity is
> performed, but again after the reply is sent you still need to send
> completed/exited/failed which you could potentially piggyback on the
> reply message (though not allowed in WS-TX currently).

Actually that's not strictly true. WS-Tx doesn't mention how contexts are
propagated at all at the application level (which is a bad thing for
interoperability and I'm certain will be changed in a new revision). So, you
an implementation is allowed to propagate a context back on replies in the
same way traditional TP systems do (e.g., the OTS).

Mark.