RE: Abstract Object Model

Dear David et al,

Yes I agree with you that we will need to develop a model (abstract
object or otherwise) for each of these key pieces of the puzzle.

I was merely reacting to the suggestion that role and responsibility
were effectively the same thing as far as we were concerned.  This is
actually not an unreasonable suggestion.  In many instances the 'entity'
(/participant?) that assumes a role will also assume all the
responsibilities associated with that role.  We could limit the WS-Chor
language to only support that possibility.

But that is a limitation.  In general an 'entity'(/participant) could
assume responsibility for a role, but delegate the execution of the
actions to another entity, or an entity could perform the actions of a
role, but pass (legal) responsibility to another entity.

Suggested conclusion:

1)  That we should have separate definitions for "role" and
"responsibility" in our glossary (and I have made a suggestion to Monica
already).

2)  That we should decide whether, or not, it is a requirement that the
language should be a able to  show the assignment of role activity and
role responsibility to different entities.

Best Regards     Tony
A M Fletcher

Cohesions 1.0 (TM)

Business transaction management software for application coordination

Choreology Ltd., 13 Austin Friars, London EC2N 2JX     UK
Tel: +44 (0) 20 76701787   Fax: +44 (0) 20 7670 1785  Mobile: +44 (0)
7801 948219
tony.fletcher@choreology.com     (Home: amfletcher@iee.org)