Re: Straw-man Proposal for our mission statement

From: Stanislaw Ambroszkiewicz <sambrosz@IPIPAN.Waw.PL>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 13:03:25 +0200 (CEST)
To: Jeff Mischkinsky <jeff.mischkinsky@oracle.com>
cc: Assaf Arkin <arkin@intalio.com>, Steve Ross-Talbot <steve@enigmatec.net>, Jean-Jacques Dubray <jjd@eigner.com>, "'Burdett, David'" <david.burdett@commerceone.com>, <Daniel_Austin@grainger.com>, <public-ws-chor@w3.org>

Jeff Mischkinsky wrote:

> >IMHO, the main limitation of the upper part of WSDL is the lack of
> >definition of service type. Without this definition it is merely an IDL,
> >IMO.
>
> Based upon the WSD WG meeting currently ongoing (guess where I am? :-), I
> think it is reasonable to assume that this will be added to WSDL.
>
> jeff

If you mean the resolution proposed by Sanjiva Weerawarana,
then it it not the case.
The problem with service type can not be resolved by introducing yet
another xsd:element.
Anyway, I am very eager to see this resolution.

Stanislaw