Re: Straw-man Proposal for our mission statement

From: Stanislaw Ambroszkiewicz <sambrosz@IPIPAN.Waw.PL>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 19:33:06 +0200 (MET DST)
To: Daniel_Austin@grainger.com
cc: public-ws-chor@w3.org

Daniel Austin wrote:
<mission statement group = "ws-chor" type="CSF level 0">
The mission of the Web Services Choreography Working Group at W3C is to
specify the means by which Web Services may collaborate with external
systems, specifically in the composition of multiple services and the
sequencing of messages among them.
</mission statement>

IMHO services are to be used by clients.
I wonder what is a service that "may collaborate", and what is the purpose
of that collaboration?
Since you exclude service interface, how a service
can collaborate with others services without knowing their types, i.e.,
without knowing what they do?

Best regards,
Stanislaw