Re: More about the patient/receptionist/doctor use case.

From: Francis McCabe <fgm@fla.fujitsu.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 09:10:30 -0800
Cc: "Ricky Ho" <riho@cisco.com>, <edwink@collaxa.com>, <jdart@tibco.com>, <public-ws-chor@w3.org>
To: "Stephen White" <swhite@SeeBeyond.com>

Steve:
On Wednesday, March 26, 2003, at 09:30  AM, Stephen White wrote:

> I was having trouble following the use case as a text description, so
> I made up a couple of diagrams to help me follow the example. There is
> a diagram with a 3-party choreography (3Part_Pat-Recp-Doc.jpg) and
> three separate diagrams of the individual 2-party choreographies
> (within 3_2Part_Pat-Recp-Doc.jpg). I am sending in the diagrams to
> help those like me who need to see pictures.

One issue behind diagrams like these is that (a) they presuppose an
ordering relationship between messages between the receptionist and the
patient that is dependent on message between the doctor and the
receptionist. This is not accurate. And (b) that there is one
receptionist/patient interaction with every receptionist/doctor
interaction, again not sustainable; at least, the interleaving is not
so straightforward.

Frank