Microsoft Quits Web Services Group After Two Days

From: Stephen White <swhite@SeeBeyond.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 11:34:39 -0800
To: <public-ws-chor@w3.org>
There is an article in Computerwire that says Microsoft has quit our group already.

http://www.computerwire.com/breakingnews

It sounds like they will work on choreography, in addition to implementation specifications (e.g., BPEL4WS), somewhere else. I could see an argument that implementation specifications could be done outside of W3C, in spite of potential technical dependencies, but I would think that choreography fits within the working area of the W3C quite well.