RE: Definition of Terms

From: Edwin Khodabakchian <edwink@collaxa.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 12:43:15 -0800
To: "'Assaf Arkin'" <arkin@intalio.com>, "'Burdett, David'" <david.burdett@commerceone.com>, "'WS Choreography \(E-mail\)'" <public-ws-chor@w3.org>
I think that we would benefit not reusing the same term for what we do
with a choreography and orchestration. Meaning avoid reusing the term
execute. This is an area where there is already a *lot* of confusion on
the market and I think that adds to it.
It seems to me that choreography is about creating protocols that
services comply with and orchestration flows that gets executed by an
engine. So I would keep execute for orchestration and find another term
for choreography.
I also think that JJ's suggestion to use "Choreography" and
"Choreography Instance", "Orchestration and Orchestration Instance" is a
good suggestion because it reduced the number of new terms and potential
sources of confusion.