Re: [Requirements] Non-requirement for MEPs

From: Jon Dart <jdart@tibco.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 13:04:06 -0800
To: Mayilraj Krishnan <mkrishna@cisco.com>
Cc: Jean-Jacques Moreau <jean-jacques.moreau@crf.canon.fr>, Patil Sanjaykumar <sanjay.patil@iona.com>, public-ws-chor@w3.org

Mayilraj Krishnan wrote:

> I don' t think anybody suggesting not to use WSDL. There were
> suggestions to define the business message exchanges
> or business signals which could be mapped to basic MEPs..

Actually I think some participants were considering whether something
like ebXML interactions could be modelled in WS-Choreography - they have
their own metadata, it isn't WSDL. RosettaNet is another example. Maybe
it's out of scope, but if you emphasize the "choreography" part of the
definition and take a liberal view of what "web serivces" could mean,
then this might make sense.

--Jon