Introduction

From: Nickolas Kavantzas <nickolas.kavantzas@oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 08:35:14 -0800
To: martin.chapman@oracle.com, steve@enigmatec.net, ylafon@w3.org, hugo@w3.org, public-ws-chor@w3.org

My name is Nickolaos Kavantzas and (once my AC rep confirms in reply to
this message), I will be an alternate representative of Oracle
Corporation in this working group.

I have been designing and developing local and distributed transaction
managers, reliable messaging managers and transactional business process
systems for the last 8 years in Oracle. In my current organization, I
have been involved in designing and developing technologies in the web
services, long-lived transactions and business processes areas.

I see web services as a very viable technology for conducting business
transactions across loosely-coupled applications. Standards to support
long-lived interactions between stateful web services need to be
defined. I'm very interested to see this workgroup driving this effort.

I agree to participate per the charter
http://www.w3.org/2003/01/wscwg-charter.

I do not have personal knowledge of any IPR claims held by Oracle
Corporation regarding web services choreography.

--
Nick