Re: FW: BPSS_f2f_june03.ppt

From: Anders W. Tell <opensource@toolsmiths.se>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 16:15:55 +0200
To: Jean-Jacques Dubray <jjd@eigner.com>
CC: public-ws-chor@w3.org

Jean-Jacques Dubray wrote:

>Another big advantage of using MOF is that you can readily store the
>corresponding definitions (e.g. choreography definitions) in a MOF
>compliant repository which are standard components.
>
>There is also very little constraints (as I understand it) to take a
>metamodel and make it MOF compliant.

Its simpler than one thinks, Personally I used Poseidon UML tool (free)
to create a UML 15 model for BPSS and CoreComponents. Then I ran a tool
UML2MOF to generate/translate the MOF metamodel.

A well though out metamodel is usually easy to translate, once one
handles relations/associations properly.

In the ArgoUML team were working towards MOF and UML2 compliance.

/anders