  From: public-ws-chor-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-ws-chor-request@w3.org]On Behalf Of Burdett, David
  Sent: Monday, June 09, 2003 1:35 PM
  To: 'Assaf Arkin'; Burdett, David
  Cc: 'Jean-Jacques Dubray'; 'Yaron Y. Goland'; 'WS Chor Public'
  Subject: RE: Relationship cardinalities (was ... RE: Requirements: Decisio
n Po ints Requirement Proposals

  Assaf

  I always tend to think that one role can take part in multiple
choreographies, for example a buyer could take part in:
  1. Several different choreographies each of which resulted in the
placement of an order
  2. A separate order status choreography that could work with any of the
different choreographies.

  I also recognize that the same choreography and roles could be invented
multiple times. For example, the shoe industry could invent a choreography
for placing orders that was identical to one developed by the wine industry
but they give the choroegraphies different identifiers (URIs) for
choreography itself and each of its roles.

  This is really a broader standardization issue that will only be solved
when there is choreography instance standardization. For example the UBL
initiative is developing standard representations and semantics for order
documents using XML schema. We really need standard order placement
choreographies to be developed using WS-Chor ... but we need WS-Chor first.

  David