Re: Is a choreography a contract

From: Assaf Arkin <arkin@intalio.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 13:05:52 -0700
To: "Monica J. Martin" <monica.martin@sun.com>
CC: Bob Haugen <rhaugen@speakeasy.net>, public-ws-chor@w3.org

Monica J. Martin wrote:

>> Of course you'll need to present the choreography itself and
>> execution log, also expect to present e-mails, snailmail and phone
>> call logs related to any escalation of the issue, whatever it takes
>> to prove that things did not execute accordingly and where they went
>> wrong.
>

> mm1: And a reference back to the context of the economic agreement
> that binds the interactions.

Again the question here: is this necessary?

If under the contract I'm obliged to send someone a package do I need
the FedEx slip to reference the contract? If under the contract I issue
an invoice demanding payment, does the invoice need to reference the
contract? Why would a choreography definition be any difference?

This is just not my understanding of how the legal system works and so I
don't see why back referencing is necessary in a court of law or even
arbitration. Time to bring in the legal guns and see if they consider it
an issue ;-)

arkin