Re: simultaneous execution

From: Jon Dart <jdart@tibco.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 13:42:25 -0700
To: "Burdett David" <david.burdett@commerceone.com>
CC: "'Assaf Arkin'" <arkin@intalio.com>, public-ws-chor@w3.org

Burdett, David wrote:
> What we really want to do is have one *definitive* way of providing this
> functionality. Now identifying which choreography you are following is
> definitely, IMO, part of our scope. However identifying that a set of
> messages are related is broader as you could have some sort of "correlation
> identifier" without specifing the choreography which being followed.

I disagree. I think identifying a choreography is a special case of
message correlation. What you really need to know is, what messages
share a common context. If possible it would be desirable to use one of
the existing or emerging specs for this, rather than inventing a new
mechanism. But also, if this is a more general problem (as I believe),
then it is not really within the scope of WS-Choreography to specify a
solution.

--Jon