Re: Web Services Choreography Requirements 1.0 draft uploaded

Assaf Arkin wrote:

> The term correct behavior means 'working according to specification'. If
> it does not work according to specification then it's considered faulty.

This formulation doesn't help at all IMO.

We're talking about design time, i.e. prior to execution. So what would
consitute a choregraphy defintion that didn't "work according to
specification"? I guess it could be syntactically incorrect, i.e. not
validate according to the specification's schema, but I suspect
something else was meant by design-time validation.

The requirement is that design-time validation be possible, but nothing
is said about what a design-time validator might do, or what kinds of
error it might detect. Without saying this, the requirement isn't
meaningful IMO. N.b. I am not sure there is a meaningful level of
validation that can be done prior to execution, on a design language
complex enough to meet the other requirements.

--Jon