RE: Burdett ML gap/fit analysis - first cut

From: Ugo Corda <UCorda@SeeBeyond.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 12:14:32 -0700
To: "Burdett, David" <david.burdett@commerceone.com>, <jdart@tibco.com>
Cc: <public-ws-chor@w3.org>

Dave,
You said:

> Also a choreography should be able to work with multiple different message
> formats therefore including a reference to single message format directly
> into the choreography could be problematical.

This depends on at which level you are talking about messages. If you are talking at the level of abstract messages (i.e. portType/Interface level in WSDL), then our choreography is based on those message descriptions (this comes directly from our own definition of Web services choreography, i.e. the fact that it is grounded on WSDL) and it should be legitimate to talk about those abstract message formats within the choreography itself.

If you are talking about concrete message formats (after the WSDL interfaces defined in the choreography are bound to specific end points) then I agree with you that the choreography should not depend on them.

Ugo