Re: Choreography Lower Bound

From: Jon Dart <jdart@tibco.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 14:52:28 -0700
To: "Cummins Fred A" <fred.cummins@eds.com>
CC: Assaf Arkin <arkin@intalio.com>, Andrew Berry <andyb@whyanbeel.net>, Francis McCabe <fgm@fla.fujitsu.com>, public-ws-chor@w3.org

Agree except for this bit:

Cummins, Fred A wrote:
> I believe WSDL and choreography should be defined
> for the business exchange level.  A message exchange is
> an implementation of the business exchange.

I think you are pretty clear later on that WSDL-level MEP != business
exchange, but it's not clear in these couple of sentences.

I'm not sure where WSD will go wrt MEPs. There have been proposals at
one time or another to even further restrict (rather than generalize)
the MEP patterns in WSDL 1.2, which is the wrong direction IMO - one
problem with WSDL 1.1 is the somewhat incomplete support for
asynchronous message exchange patterns. But this is an issue different
from those WS-Chor is trying to solve, IMO.

--Jon