RE: Grounding Choreographies (the atoms) - WAS Simple Choreography composition suggestion

Dear Colleagues,

I take no credit for raising this question - I think I remember Paul Lipton
asking it on one of the early Telecons six months or so ago.  But it is
raised again in the mail below so I will surface it again explicitly.

What is the use case for having a Choreography language of the type that
this group is trying to develop?  Who will use it or what will use it.  At
what stage(s) of designing and running business processes will it be used?
What will we be able to achieve when we have the language available that we
can not achieve now?  (And what are the advantages of expressing the
language in XML syntax (I can list some disadvantages already!) rather than
just building the language ourselves (as Java, C#, Perl, etc., etc.)?

The use cases we have all describe various business 'situations' or
scenarios that the language could / should be able to describe but do not
describe how such a description would be used or what the benefits of having
one available would be.  (By the way if any of the authors of the use cases
have included this then apologies, thank you, and please point me to chapter
and verse (OK a URI will do!) and I will go and read properly.)

I do have my own views on the answers to these questions but I am hoping
that others will respond with some sound reasons.  If people do I really
feel that it will focus and re-invigorate the group.

Best Regards     Tony
A M Fletcher

Cohesions  (TM)

Business transaction management software for application coordination
www.choreology.com

Choreology Ltd., 13 Austin Friars, London EC2N 2JX     UK
Tel: +44 (0) 20 76701787   Fax: +44 (0) 20 7670 1785  Mobile: +44 (0) 7801
948219
tony.fletcher@choreology.com     (Home: amfletcher@iee.org)