RE: Simple Choreography composition suggestion

I see two different requirements here, both of which I believe WS-Chor must
meet.

The first requirement is to support hierarchy (awful word I know). This
enables one to specify a choreography as being made up of other choreography
components. This requirement is critical for re-use and I expect the ability
to re-use choreography components will be one of the biggest value adds
WS-Chor will provide as it will give choreography developers easy access to
ready made (and tested) libraries of choreographies to re-use.

The second requirement is to support multi-party global view. The classic
example is the travel scenario where the traveler sends a request to the
travel agency who sends a request to the airline who sends a confirmation to
the traveler. In order to validate that the system will work properly
end-to-end it is necessary to be able to model all the states of all the
participants and how they change due to externally visible behavior. If we
break the description up into three separate choreographies (Traveler to
Travel Agency, Travel Agency to Airline and Airline to Traveler) then we
lose the connection between the states and so cannot properly validate that
the system will work.

This then leads to a third requirement, segmentation. Segmentation allows us
to take a multi-party global view and break it up into pieces which only
contain a sub-set of the parties. For example, at run time we probably only
want to feed the travelers software the choreography information for
communications with the travel agency and from the airline. There is no
point in programming it with information about the travel agencies
communications with the airline as none of this will be visible at run time
to the traveler.

Segmentation is also very important for validating choreographies who have
components that are not necessarily intended to be shared with all the
involved parties. For example, the travel agency may explicitly not want to
share the choreography of how it communicates with the airline with the
customer as this could reveal proprietary information. The travel agency
still needs a multi-party global view in order to validate its own behavior
but in the end it will use segmentation to 'break off' the pieces of the
choreography relevant to the traveler and just send those pieces to the
traveler.

		Yaron