RE: Simple Choreography composition suggestion

From: Ugo Corda <UCorda@SeeBeyond.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 10:06:45 -0700
To: "Assaf Arkin" <arkin@intalio.com>
Cc: <public-ws-chor@w3.org>

> A choreography as I understand if is a Web service only if it has an
> entry point that is used by someone outside the choreography to start
> it. If the choreography starts when A sends a message to B (A and B
> being roles covered by the choreography), then it's not a Web service.
> But if the choreography starts by someone sending a message to A, where
> that role is not otherwise covered by the choreography, then that
> choreography is a Web service. It has an externally accessible entry
> point, or any other term we may opt to use.
>
> Since it's a Web service, it can further be used in a larger
> choreography that may or may not be a Web service. Such a choreography
> would cover that additional role that starts the Web service choreography.

Yes, that's basically the point I was making with my BPEL example.

It seems to me that, since choreographies are "made" of Web services, establishing this relationship between a choreography and the Web service that "encapsulates" that same choreography (if any) would provide a way of talking about choreographies composition.

Ugo