Re: Dubray paper comments + questions

Jean-Jacques Dubray wrote:
> I think that what Assaf is expressing is that BPSS and the paper I
> published on ebPML.org describe message exchange with no specific
point
> of view (from a party perspective), therefore appearing to be at the
> "center".

I understand, but think there are a number of interesting issues
arising from this difference.

> So instead of introducing this notion of "centralized sequence of
> exchange" I think it is fair to say that BPSS offers a "neutral" view
of
> the choreography while BPEL/BPML and WSCI offers and "interface-bound"
> or "party-specific" view of the collaboration.

I agree with that formulation to some extent.
But one could also describe the party-specific models
as focusing on one party's internal procedural workflow
and expecting the other party to conform.

> In all cases, the goal is more or less to achieve state alignment
> between collaborating parties.

Is it?  Are the internal activities really aimed at state alignment
between collaborating parties?

Yet another way to think about it is the difference between
procedural and conversational workflow models -
where procedural = command-and-control and
conversational = collaboration.

-Bob Haugen