Re: Correlation Requirements

From: Jon Dart <jdart@tibco.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 08:54:14 -0700
To: "Burdett, David" <david.burdett@commerceone.com>
Cc: Mark Little <mark.little@arjuna.com>, "'Keith Swenson'" <KSwenson@fsw.fujitsu.com>, "'Monica Martin'" <monica.martin@sun.com>, "'Martin Chapman'" <martin.chapman@oracle.com>, "'Yves Lafon'" <ylafon@w3.org>, "'Ugo Corda'" <UCorda@SeeBeyond.com>, "'Cummins Fred A'" <fred.cummins@eds.com>, public-ws-chor@w3.org

Burdett, David wrote:
> Jon
>
> I agree that we should not define a correlation solution, however I
> think our success is dependent on the existence of one as described in
> "The specs we need ..." email.
>
> Do you agree?

Actually, I do, but perhaps we disagree on the timing of the resolution.
It is possible that by the time we are going into final draft there will
be a reasonably mature mechanism for this, or maybe the choice of a
couple of ones, so we can leverage parallel work that is already going
on. Probably also we need to think harder about how a choroegraphy
description might be used with BPEL. This is going to be a FAQ, I am sure.

--Jon