Re: [ws-chor] 4/29/2003: Updated Glossary of Terms

Hugo Haas wrote:

> Interface is PortType's new name. I am not sure that this change has
> been reflected in their draft yet, but John's definition looks right.

"My" definition is from the WSA glossary and should be credited to that.

> Regarding service types, what happened to Sanjiva's proposal? It seems
> that the name "service type" echoes the name "port type" which was
> dropped for interface.

There was a workable definition of service type at one point in WSDL 1.2
  but it's not in the current draft. Unlike "port type", I don't think
it's been renamed, just dropped. See
http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-wsdl12-20030303/#changelog. If we require
this, IMO the requirement needs to be fed to ws-descr.

--Jon