RE: Internal processes and/or external choreographies (was RE: Ev ents and States ...

Jean-Jacques,

I believe the issue here is to define the choreography at an
appropriate level of abstraction.  That level should be at
the level of exchange of information that has business impact,
as opposed to the exchanges of packets that may be necessary
to achieve reliable delivery of messages.

The message exchange protocol should not matter.  It should be
possible to comply with the choreography whether using ebXML
reliable messaging, a message broker (e.g., MQ Series), or FTP.

If we focus on the right level of abstraction, then the
choreography will only be as complex as required by the business
transactions.

Fred