Re: Abstract Bindable Choreography

By itself the term time-out is neither a state nor a transition, it's
just a generic term, much like failure.

I would generally signify "time constraint" as the condition that leads
to the transition (e.g. at 5:35), "time-out event" as the actual event
that leads to the transition (e.g. what happens at 5:35). When the event
occurs you transition to a new state.

It's easy to say that the transition occureed due to a time constraint
and label it as a "time-out transition". The state you are in may have
some meaningful name, like "no response provided" or "time to cancel and
report error". But generally speaking, if you only get to this state due
to the time-out event, you may as well characterize it as "time-out state".

But just saying time-out is not very helpful. It does not clarify
whether you are talking about the transition that occurs at the specific
time instant, or the state you reach as part of that transition.

arkin