Use cases - Observer role

From: Greg Ritzinger <GRitzinger@novell.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 08:48:16 -0700
To: <public-ws-chor@w3.org>

I don't recall if any of the submitted use cases include the notion of
an observer, but  in some choreography scenarios an observer would be
desirable. For example, during the development or testing phases of the
choreography or to monitor a choreography that is deployed or active.
The observer could be used to report on the choreography state,
failures, usage, etc. I'm not saying that we should complicate the use
cases, they should remain focused on their problem domain, but that we
need to consider this role in general.

Should ws-chor support roles such as observer directly or should it be
deferred to another working group?

Thanks,
Greg

Greg Ritzinger
Senior Software Engineer
Phone 203.225.1822
Novell, Inc., the leading provider of Net Business Solutions.
www.novell.com <http://www.novell.com>