RE: MEPS Part II: SOAP

Marc,

Let's assume that a 4/5xx indicates a possible SOAP fault then.  The sender may generate something to put in a body or not, the receiver won't know what it is until it gets it.  I don't think there's any way that we could write up which error codes will or won't have a body, so we just have to live with it.

The receiver of a 4/5xx has to wait to find out whether there is a body or not.  C'est la vie.  If they got a SOAP fault, they can pass it up.  If it's not a SOAP fault, then there may be some other way of passing an error back up, but it's not in the SOAP MEP.

My point was that in-optional-fault is better than in-optional-out, which you haven't responded to.  We've clarified expectations on in-optional-fault, but I can't tell which mep proposal you support.

Dave